Sunday, October 11, 2009


I've been on a roll lately. 3 pictures in the last seven days. For me that's pretty darn impressive. I guess it's more like 2 1/2 since I actually sketched this one some time ago.

My friend Gemma has had to go sometime without a drawing. She threatend to beat me up if I didnt do one for her. After I won that little fight I still offered to do it. This is the result... so to speak. I stripped her down to her undies and left her tied while I went out for a bit.
Unfortunately for Gemma her rommate came home. There is some bad blood between those two. And as you can see the roomie couldnt resist the chance to put Gemma where she belongs.
I liked the coloring I did for this. I wanted to go for something softer after the last drawing. Im upset about this drawing though. I've long made use of photo references when sketching, but in the past i've tried to make a strong effort to move away from the source photo so that it doesnt just look as if I did some cheap photoshop trick or something. Alas with this one much of the source photo still is represented.
The sofa for one thing. I could have drawn something different but I just really liked how it looked. Plus the body types are more like the women in the photo than Gemma and her roommate (Gemma is more slender and her roomie is shorter), but I expected that.
In the future I hope to again get more seperation between the source material and the end result

No comments:

Post a Comment