Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Aly carnapped

Took a few weeks off from drawing before putting this one together. I've become good friends with Alysha since running into her on Deviantart. She'd kindly asked me for another drawing and as is my nature I told her I'd get around to it. Of course other things kept getting in the way or I just wasn't in the mood. Bless her heart for her patience.

Orginally she was supposed to be tied in the trunk of the car but I found that didn't work. Alysha has absolutely gorgeous feet (which I do not do justice here) and I wanted to show them. I would not have been able to do that at this angle if I had her in the trunk so instead I put her in the backseat.

One thing I did differently is that I drew the picture at full size. Usually I do the rough sketch at oh... 1000x1000 and then crop and such accordingly. After that I increase the size usually by about 250-300% for coloring and such. One of the problems with this is that the lines end up being rather thick and I dont like how that looks in a colored pic. The lineart is far less dominating here and im pleased with the result.

The big problem I ran into is what to have her wearing. As i've mentioned before I rarely plan these drawings. Usually I just have a rough idea in my head and sketch until I find something I want to work with. About the only thing I knew is that her legs and feet had to be showing. I debated between just putting her in a top, or a more secretarial look. It was Aly herself who suggested the little black dress and i love her for it.

The coloring went by much faster than I expected. I spent more time playing with the hues and such than I did actually laying the colors down. I really wanted to get a more uniform look to the color so I didn't push the contrast as much as I have in the past (see the last picture for an example of that).

Im not QUITE pleased with how the pantyhose turned out but I cant decide if that is because of the color or the lineart.

No comments:

Post a Comment