Friday, July 10, 2009


Starting a new blog today that im hoping will give me a chance to go a bit more in depth on some of the art I do. I have a tendency to talk a lot but I'm a bit ashamed to say that I still have no idea how to create a website so I can't go that route.


This is my most recent drawing here. I did it for my friend Gemma and it is of her (the blonde) and her roommate. For the most part she left me free to draw whatever I wished but there were certain things she had hoped I would focus on, one of those being barefeet. She's one of those girls who likes to do a lot of fighting and she likes to get sweaty.
I forgot if there was a story behind this. Usually i just start doodling and see where things go (Which is really not a good way to do things no matter what it is you're doing, be it drawing or music or writing. You'll find much, much more success the more you plan ahead).

I do know that the background was a last minute thing. I rarely draw backgrounds and taken them into account in the initial sketching even less. With this drawing I just felt that a white or bland background wasn't enough. So i really just took a large brush (that would be a photoshop brush :) ) and started going to town with the intent of covering as much of the background as I could.

All-in-all I was very happy with how this turned out and I suppose if I wanted to I could go back and fix those glaring changes that still haunt me.



1 comment: