Saturday, July 11, 2009

Here is another picture of Gemma and her roommate. She suggested some tickling which im a fan of so I didn't say no.

I wish I could say this was a fun one to do but it wasn't in the least. It took me the better part of a day just to get a sketch that I liked (partly because im just a slow drawer. I should work on that) and then the actualy painting was a pain.
This is the first color work i've done in awhile and I had forgotten quite a bit about how to do it. I think there is a certain blandness to the picture. Just haven't learned how to apply the techniques concerning details that I see other artists doing. Part of that may be the need for a larger tablet but damn those things are pricey.

I did apply some textures just to see how it would go and im satisfied with the results though i'll certainly need some practice. But at least this one is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment