Monday, August 17, 2009

Aly takes a turn... for the worse

This is Alysha. Poor girl was wandering in place that one such as her should not be. Went and got herself caught she did!
I usually end up doing something different everytime I do a picture. I wish I could say it was because im just some sort of avant garde genius, but really it's because I lack consitency =) The lineart took forever because I just erased from the sketch. Usually i go and retrace it for clean lines but i really liked how it looked. You can still see that it has sort of a messy ink sketch look to it and I decided to keep that.
The hard part was deciding how to color it. I went and layed down some flats and then just hit a wall. So i just started messing around till i got to this. It's not perfect by a long shot but i do like the overall look of it. I'll just call it an atmospheric piece =D
Took i dunno... 50 billion hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment